- Kevin Smith maxed out his credit cards & sold everything of value he had to make Clerks. He was essentially too ignorant to know just how crazy what he was doing was.
- the film company that decided to distribute Clerks Miramax turned it down at first. This one guy, not of Miramax Bob Hawk, spearheaded everybody who ended championing it: from critics Amy Taubin to distributors, John Pierson, Mark Tusk and from all the tepid to colossal acclaim that Clerks ended up liking it.
- when Kevin Smith went to show Clerks at Sundance Film Festival in ’93 he was 27k in debt & left with it bought for 225k.
- don’t look at what you can do & reason it out to be impossible. Reason has nothing to do with what you believe, it has to be completely on faith, completely. Screw religion have faith in yourself & what you can do.
- what the heck is the appeal of the Black Eyed Peas?
- these poseur, pretentious dicks? Fergie is hot bodied no doubt but man is she a but-her face, she’s f-ugly. Which one is will.i.am, Taboo and apl.de.ap? Is Taboo the chinese lookin’ guy? yeah now that I google the fucker that’s who that is. What a huge poseur that is, he looks like a cross between Danny Trejo & an ugly chick. The other guy who’s a tier B Black Eyed Pea is apl.de.ap. Somebody told this little shit he had talent and charisma and he believes it. will.i.am seems not as annoyingly pretentious but he & Fergie are being dragged down by the other two cardboard cut-outs that flank ‘em.
- The Twilight phenomenon is truly that a PHENOMENON! Now I haven’t read the books but I’ve seen the movies & am not into that AT ALL! I do, however, admire its success both literary & the films. I bring this up because I just saw a doc called Destination Forks the Real World of Twilight. The title states what the doc is about but the truly incredible thing is that there are literally hundreds of people every day who visit much of the locations described in the books & seen in the films each summer and the town is capitalizing it on it big time! Good for them. They all take it with a grain of salt & are happy to oblige the many visitors. I shake my head in incredulity.