Sharing Buttons by Linksku
Death, Bile & Venom
- most people have but a single mother, I had two. The one who reared me and Mary who showed me the meaning of acceptance and affection. I think of Mary every moment of every day, I miss her terribly. April 12th, this very special woman in my life passed away. That’s it, now back to bile and venom.
- saw Dangerous Method. Mehh, Cronenberg is fast becoming a doofus behind the camera. What’s with Liz Hurley lite doing a chimp impression for half the film? It was a loose collection of scenes where most of the actors were being painfully earnest and striving to be deep, yawn. I enjoyed the post movie “where did the characters end up” stills. So sad.
- I also saw The Rum Diary and thought that Johnny Depp did a great job acting as usual but he’s no more than competent these days because he just doesn’t have a Edward Scissorhands, Beeny & June or Ninth Gate anymore. He’s lost his balls. I’ve had it with Hunter biopics, he’s a modern day Don Quixote who wasn’t quite as tragic or eloquent. Meh, gonzo this ya’ washed out, washed up, Hemingway light, angst ridden pseudo hippy cry baby.
- good gods Rock of Ages looks like Hollywood threw up on celluloid. Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin, Paul Giamatti, Mary J Blige & Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglas, that’s right sweetie might as well add another hyphen to your name are all in this because their collective publicists got together and decided it would be fun. A hard rock, movie version of Glee! Come on you know that was brandied about at some scumbag producer’s office as the catch phrase that sold the damn thing to Warner Brothers!!
- the world is awash in easily digestible, and luke warm ideas and concepts. Nobody wants to think because it will keep them from continuing in their mundane and comfortable lives. I know because I’m one of the sheep and I bleat along with the masses. I sense the knife coming but don’t have the courage to start screaming before the slaughter. I am, however, brave enough to know that the end is nigh, impending because I have been seeing it behind words, around phrases and under sentences.
- think happy thoughts fellow sheep.